- For your safety and your family safety, when losing a key, it is advisable to make the complete change of the system that the key opens. Although the address was not specified on the key ring, there are organized gangs that are dedicated to combing the neighborhood until they find the door that opens the stolen key.
- The installation of a chain bolt is never superfluous at the main door. This will be of great help when you receive a package or unexpected visit and prefer to open the door only partially until you are sure everything is fine.
- It is always advisable to keep at least 2 copies of each key you have. If a loss happens, you will have a quick solution and a lowest cost.
- A key chain must have a maximum of 2 or 3 keys. Greater quantity increases considerably its weight and when falling to the ground it is probable that some key is damaged, and affects its operation.
- Do not trust strangers giving you movie or theater tickets or something like that. There have been many cases of people who have left their homes to enjoy a while with this kind of invitations and when they have returned they have found that during the session the thieves have entered to steal in their home. So before accepting the invitations, make sure you know who is giving you.
- Perform periodic maintenance of your locks so that they last longer, always work optimally, and do not encounter surprises at the most inopportune moments.
Clic here to check out other useful peventive tips.
If you need some help regarding to security issues, don’t hesitate to call us. We cover Ashburn VA, and surrounding cities.